REFLECTOR:Flying without Cowl Fasteners

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:28:12 -0700

At 08:44 AM 4/22/03 -0600, you wrote:

>This seams a lot like using screws.

It is.  Just, REALLY expensive screws.  The good part is they only take a
1/4 turn to put in, and, unlike the nutplate, they don't wear out over time.

The bad part is, did I mention they're really expensive?  Like $25 each.

I don't recommend it, but thought I'd pass it along.  It might spark a much
better idea from someone else.  I saw someone using it to hold on the back
end of a Long EZ baggage pod, but it made more sense there.  You have to
get it on and off more often than the cowls, and there are only three of
the things.