REFLECTOR:NOS

Christopher Barber reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:08:01 -0500

Yeah, the rotary....  I wanted to say it first, but decided to hold my
typing fingers....<g>.  The 20b can be turbo'ed (is that a word?) somewhat
easily and can give you 300 hp.  The new Renesis is about 250 hp before you
take off all the emission stuff.

I know, I know...it is an auto conversion, HERESY to some. (Esp. to
insurance companies).

But it is an option...that is gaining popularity somewhat well.

FWIW.

All the best,

Chris
the one from Houston

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 11:41 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:NOS

Well, it would be a tight fit to get a 540 in a Standard RG!

If I considered a engine change it would probably have to be a rotary..

Scott

Tom Martino wrote:
> I don't know where you live ... but I am in Colorado ... where we always
take off at a mile high or more.  The sad fact is ... 200 horsepower on a
Canard (because of increased ground roll)is underpowered for higher
elevations ... unless you are solo with not much fuel.

> A constant speed prop will definitely help.
>
> After hearing all of the complaints around here, I decided to go with an
IO-540.