REFLECTOR:Cowl Fasteners

SANCHEZ, MERRI J., PHD (JSC-OC) (NASA) reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:47:41 -0500

I'm still building, but plan on using flush mounted 1/4 turn camlocs.  I use
them on the LongEZ I fly and have never had any problems with them.  I've
also modified how the cowl fits to the fuselage by laying up a "u" on the
fuselage side that the cowl slides into to be more secure.

Merri Sanchez

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Derrick [mailto:scott@tnstaafl.net]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 9:13 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Cowl Fasteners

Can I surmise from the deafening silence in regards to my question about
captive fasteners used to hole on our rear cowls that nobody has figured
out a way to use them?

Everybody using regular screws and washers?

I found some fully retractable 1/4 turn fasteners but the head sticks
way up, almost 1/2 an inch.

Scott