REFLECTOR:Considering alternate engines

Dale W. Thomas reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:52:40 -0400 (EDT)

Chris,
  Just curious....
  My thinking is that one of the biggest benefits of the Mazda rotary was
the reliability inherent in a design with only 3 or 4 moving parts.
Adding a turbo would seem to be adding complexity into the package that
could offset the benefits inherent in the design.
  Then when you look at the fact that there is (or soon will be) available
a NA version which will give you pretty much the same power as the more
complex smaller version, it makes me wonder why one would choose the
small turbo over the larger NA.
  What am I missing?

Dale
PS.  Thanks for the links....
PPS.  When you post a link, if you include the 'http://' in front of it,
it should come across in most email clients as being a clickable link
right in the email.  Something like....  http://www.LoneStarVelocity.com