REFLECTOR:Considering alternate engines

John Overman reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Tony Babb <tonybabb@alejandra.net> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I'm building a SEFG and also thinking about rotary,
> the cost savings are
> significant. My initial concerns about availability
> of an installation kit
> seem to be being addressed and with a bit of luck
> there'll be more
> experience and options out there when I come to
> actually buy the engine.
> Insurance is the only hurdle/ brick wall I can see
> left, I was wondering
> what you meant by "alternate steps" - do you have
> something in mind? Self
> insurance/ no insurance/ your own company....
>
> Have you had any thoughts on the prop for a rotary?
> I'd like an adjustable
> pitch prop but can't/won't afford an MT. Could an
> IVO be run on a rotary?
>
> Thanks,

Hi Tony;
   I just put an IVO magnum electric adjustable with a
constant speed governor on my 13b turbo rotary. Its a
beautiful prop. My only concern was how to mount the
brush holder for the commutator. as it's a long way
from the back of the engine to the prop flange but I
called Tracy and he said I can drill and mount a
bracket on one of the webs of his redrive. Problem
solved. Don't ask me how it flies. I'm not in the air
yet.
                     John