REFLECTOR:Cowl Fasteners

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:34:32 EDT

--part1_97.377778c6.2bd239e8_boundary

Scott,

 I have seen quite a few Velocities that look great, until you get to the
cowl line.
It seems like the heat from the engine and sun cause some warping (although
minimal) along the wing/cowl joint line.  I just didn't like that so I
changed it.  My cowls are held on with hidden piano hinge (similar to
Lancairs & RVs).  It was a pain to do, but I am thrilled with the results.
The only place I need fasteners is along the bottom fuselage to cowl joint.
The rest is completely hidden.

There is probably an easier way.... but I tend to be,  umm,  different.

Kurt Winker.
173 FGE  Aluminum V-6 Chevy

--part1_97.377778c6.2bd239e8_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Scott,&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
 I have seen quite a few Velocities that look great, until you get to the co=
wl line.&nbsp; <BR>
It seems like the heat from the engine and sun cause some warping (although=20=
minimal) along the wing/cowl joint line.&nbsp; I just didn't like that so I=20=
changed it.&nbsp; My cowls are held on with hidden piano hinge (similar to L=
ancairs &amp; RVs).&nbsp; It was a pain to do, but I am thrilled with the re=
sults.&nbsp; The only place I need fasteners is along the bottom fuselage to=
 cowl joint.&nbsp; The rest is completely hidden.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
There is probably an easier way.... but I tend to be,&nbsp; umm,&nbsp; diffe=
rent.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker. <BR>
173 FGE&nbsp; Aluminum V-6 Chevy </FONT></HTML>

--part1_97.377778c6.2bd239e8_boundary--