REFLECTOR:Material

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:45:08 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C302BE.5B0E2000

I too have a long wing Elite.

I bought 15 yards of carpet which was more than I estimated but I miscut the keel and wound up using about all
of it.  My carpet covers the floor, goes up the sides in the rear seat area and into the luggage area and up
the sides of the luggage area.  It also covers the foot area for pilot and co pilot, up the sides under the
instrument panel.  It also goes half way up the cover I made for the back of the cabin.  I got the carpet from
a nearby carpet distributor who handles indoor/outdoor carpet made for boats (we live near a large lake and
there are lots of boats around here).  It is a rugged, rubber backed carpet which is equal to the foam backed
carpet that came with our Airtex Cessna kit.

I purchased 4 leather office chairs from Wal-Mart and stripped the leather and foam off the seats.  Then cut
and trimmed the sides of the seats and backs to make them fit the Velocity seat pans.  Turned out pretty nice
for 280 bucks!

I found a nice, soft, thick pleather that covers the carbon door beams and the door panels as well as the area
above the luggage.  I think I bought 4 yards of this and we didn't have quite enough for everything.  It
covers part of the rear cabin.  It also covers the over head vent duct.

The head liner material is similar to what is in new cars, foam backed with a fuzzy surface.  I found it and
the pleather at cloth outlet store.  I believe I got three yards of it (60" wide).

Pictures at http://home.sprintmail.com/~rolandbrown/page50.html
Ronnie Brown

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Wooden Sr.
To: Velocity
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 5:53 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Material

Does anyone have an estimate of how much material it takes to finish off the inside excluding the seats.  Such
as , carpet, material for the walls and ceiling.  Also some description of what material you used at what
location and some ideas for finishing out the windows.

Steve Wooden

LW Elite

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C302BE.5B0E2000

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE>@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in =
1.25in; }
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {