REFLECTOR:Alternator Woes.

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:28:36 -0600

Dennis,

The two that failed on my plane were flat and about 10 inches long and
slightly curved.  I had to cut it down to about 6 inches and drill a new
hole for the bolt that attaches it to the case. That's not where it
cracked. Both cases it cracked where it is slotted for tension adjustment.

The junk yard bracket I got for free is angled like an "L" for strength
and made of much harder steel. I had to grind off the end a little where
it connects to the case, It had a locating tab on it that interfered.

You can find these cheapos at autozone, checkers, etc....

Scott