REFLECTOR:Re: Transponder Ant.

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:37:38 -0400

Scott,
  If you mount the XPD antenna under the rear seat, be sure to do a
proper job with the wiring.
Transponders put out 200+ watts of power when they transmit, this does
not make them good
for the health of extraneous living tissue that might be located low in
the seats...
  The ground plane for the XPD need not be any larger than 5" across,
round, square, hex, etc.
If you put metal mounting legs on the ground plane make sure that they
go UP not down, i.e.
don't have the legs on the same side as the antenna stub.

Good Luck,
Wayne
__