REFLECTOR:anntenas

Lynn Gallup reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:37:30 -0500

As near as possible, I followed the suggestions in the Velocity manual.
After 185 hours flying my airplane in a wide variety of circumstances I
can pronounce perfect operation of my nav &amp; com radios, localizer
&amp; glideslope, marker beacon receiver and transponder. Even the ADF
works acceptably although its range is a little short. The GPS would
benefit from shielding or a slight relocation as it will blank out if one
of the nav receivers is tuned to a particular VOR frequency. (Leakage of
nav's IF frequency signal out of the localizer antenna overcomes the
satellite signals.)<br><br>
Mine is a hatch door, long wing, RG. The antenna locations are:<br><br>
Com antennas - In the tip sails.<br>
Nav antenna - One shared antenna on top of fuselage about four inches
forward of engine bulkhead.<br>
Marker beacon antenna - Along right side about two inches below
windows.<br>
Transponder antenna - Bottom of fuselage below right <u>rear</u>
seat.<br>
Localizer antenna - On canard top surface, center-line of fuselage.<br>
GPS antenna - Front of canard top, centered. Forward of localizer
antenna. It should be remounted under the top of the fuselage above the
localizer antenna.<br><br>
Regards,<br>
Lynn<br>
At 11:46 PM 4/10/2003 Thursday, you wrote:<br>
up, I'm doing the planning for my summer project... The wings /
antenna. The keel was already down when I got the
wingspar shearweb, and it looked pretty
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>