REFLECTOR:ENGINE MONITORING

Jack Sheehan reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:26:02 -0400

--============_-1162206130==_ma============

Your IO-540 is a big investment don't cut corners on the engine
instrumentation. I use the Visionmicro VM 1000. I found the
installation very easy since the wiring to the computer ( located on
the rear cabin bulkhead) can all be done on the bench after you
measure the lengths for each probe. Then it is simply connecting the
plugs and the instrument display is connected with a single ribbon
cable. You can get more info at http://www.visionmicrosystems.com/ I
am really happy with the system but there are also other systems. I
like the automatic monitor and fuel computer as well as the
visibility of the readings. The system also replaces the Hobbs meter
and provides recorded data for each flight.
The computer calculated leaning function will pay for the system in
fuel savings ( at least thats what i tell my wife)
Jack
N%%XL
--============_-1162206130==_ma============

 --></style><title>Re: REFLECTOR:ENGINE
don't cut corners on the engine instrumentation. I use the Visionmicro
VM 1000. I found the installation very easy since the wiring to the
computer ( located on the rear cabin bulkhead) can all be done on the
bench after you measure the lengths for each probe. Then it is simply
connecting the plugs and the instrument display is connected with a
single ribbon cable. You can get more info at
http://www.visionmicrosystems.com/ I am really happy with the system
but there are also other systems. I like the automatic monitor and
fuel computer as well as the visibility of the readings. The system
also replaces the Hobbs meter and provides recorded data for each
flight.</font></div>
function will pay for the system in fuel savings ( at least thats what
i tell my wife)</font></div>