REFLECTOR: Details, details

Couple of questions about details (some may consider these type of
considerations classic symptoms of completionphobia but do indulge me):

1. I don't like the speed brake actuators floating freely side to side on
the bolts across the channels which are too wide for the actuator rods.
What type of spacers (nylon, plastic, metal) will work here to slip over
the bolts between the channel wall and the actuator given the twisting
action generated by the rod end? I want something that will last and not
bind. Also has anyone applied some type of lubricant/sleeve over this bolt?

2. Has anyone installed an indicator for the speed brake that indicates the
brake is actually closed as opposed to the indication that the actuator is
at one end or the other. A microswitch between the brake and the floor
covering, perhaps. Overkill?

3. What are people doing to finish their aluminum parts? Anyone keeping
them polished aluminum rather than paint the things white like the rest of
the plane? If so, what is your finishing technique and when do you do this
during construction?

4. This may have been discussed before but I cannot find it in my archives.
Is there any need to find mil spec wiring (if such things exist) for
miscellaneous electrical wiring on the plane rather than the local
electrical store wiring? If so, what is a good source?

5. I am thinking of putting some sort of a ominous-sounding buzzer in the
cowling that is turned on as a prelude to starting up (as a saner
alternative to "CLEAR PROP") to warn anyone that may be too close in that
area. Any ideas on what would work AND last in the cowling and is not too
annoying? It would be nice to also have some visual indication (blinking
light) that the prop is about to start for those that cannot hear. I am a
little bit paranoid about starting an engine smack in my blind spot. People
that are already flying may have some perspective on this. If $%&@ can
happen, it will.

Thanks for any collective wisdom,

Venky