Please get back to us with info on the "right" hinge to buy.

Pete Beaty
RG-E a-buildin'

At 05:30 PM 08/06/1999 -0700, you wrote:

Peter, I'll get back to the reflector on this in 10 days (vacation starting now).
However, I have looked at the hinges at Home Depot here. They all have
adjustment screws which are easily loosened. I've used them on cabinet
projects and they are fine, but they do need frequent tightening.
I would not put them on an airplane. The hinges I found at a specialty
woodworking shop have no adjustments and have hammered hinge pins
so they won't slip out.

Bill
San Jose, Ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Beaty [<mailto:PETER.J.BEATY@usa.dupont.com>mailto:PETER.J.BEATY@usa.dupont.com]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 1999 5:44 AM
To: reflector@awpi.com
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: RBH latching system

Bill,
This sounds like what I think are referred to as "European style" cabinet
hinges. They are quite the rage now for kitchen cabinets in the USA. They
are much sturdier than conventional hinges, and some versions have a "hold
open" [hold up?] feature like you mentioned. If I'm right, then you can
get them at Home Depot, Lowes, Heckingers, etc. Maybe you could confirm
this for us by comparing what you bought with the Home Depot offering.

Pete Beaty.

At 11:30 AM 08/05/1999 -0700, Schweitzer, Bill wrote:
>Chuck,
>on my RBH I have used cabinet hinges on the aft end ... I found an
>invisbile, offset opening hinge that does not have removable pins or other
>adjustments from a company in San Marcos, Ca. (I can look up the name and
>address if you are interested). It holds the hatch open and out of the way.

<<<<