Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Drains

At 10:18 AM 08/10/1999 -0400, HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/9/99 7:23:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, lkline@lisco.com
>writes:
>
><< Yes, Cessna drain from Aircraft Spruce. >>
>
>Be sure to get the ones with 1/4"NPT threads.  Cessna used a 1/2"-20
straight
>thd. that uses an O-ring to seal.  You would have to counter bore for the
>O-ring.  The NPT is much easier to install.
Is it worth the effort install the one with O-rings, to get a better seal?

>It was said that drains aren't needed in some A/C because the feed lines
are >at the very bottom of the tanks.
>If you get crap from the fuel truck, it wouldn't flow into the sump to be
>sampled.....
Maybe it's all those years of training, but it just seems to me like a good
idea to have sump drains.  They may even be useful for "flushing" the tanks
(by temporarily removing the drain plugs to produce a 1/4" hole) in the
event some suspected crap needs to be flushed out of the tank.  Comments?

Pete Beaty
RG-E a-buildin'