Re: REFLECTOR: elevator cuffs

 Bill and Al,

I'm really not qualified to say how the small wing (STD,SUV) Velocity is going
to fly with out cuffs because I haven't flown it that way.

>   My canard is perhaps 1/2 degree nose up incidence - as close as I can tell
> with the incidence guage.

It better not be.

> My plan is to remove 18" of the outer end of the cuff.  That will give me  23"
> of cuff.

If you weigh 220 lbs + OK maybe.

>   Relative to the main wing the STD V has a bigger canard
> than the LW and XL  V.

What this boils down to is that if you enhance the canard lifting capability of
the STD you are pushing the envelope.  Remember what happened years ago when the
test pilot pushed the STD with a gap seal on the elevator?  Maybe this is what
we need to make the LW/173 take off and land slower.......any test pilots out
there who can risk their plane and spine?   From what I hear that sudden stop at
the end of a deep stall is a doosy.

Alan