Re: REFLECTOR: Door Trim Sealing

In a message dated 7/26/99 3:01:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jcbarnes@ibm.net
writes:

<<
 $625 price puts him very near the top-o-line lightspeed 25K, and over
 the 20K, if I remember the SNF prices correctly.  >>

I'm sorry, I must clarify that the $625 is for two headsets.  You don't think
his wife will let him have one and not her?  He mentioned about checking out
the LightSpeed the other day.  Thanks for the info, I will pass it on.

<>

I also converted a D.C. set for Helicopter use.  Like your Peltor's it
produced the same results.  The problem was that the passive noise getting
through into the earcup was to high, and flipping out the ANR/Audio.  We
could never get them to work in the helicopter with the high noise
enviroment.  We then used them in a Cherokee, and the things worked great.
The Peltors could have leaky ear seals letting to much passive noise in.  As
I have said in the past, I'm a salesman for no one.

<<These detected noises include for example, wind noise, the 'drone' of the
    engine, repeating rod knocks, etc. OOPS! Did I say "rod knocks"?>>

Hmmmm, a funny thing I noticed after I converted my D.C.s to ANR was that I
could hear more of the mechanical things going on back in the engine room.
It concerned me when I started the engine the first time with the ANR on.
Maybe the Headsets Inc.s don't tune out as much of the metallic noise, as
they do the combustion noise.  Or maybe I just listen to much, but all pilots
should be able to "feel" what's going on back there through there butt, feet
and hands without thinking about it.

TEC