Re: REFLECTOR: Initial Door Fit

>It seems like I almost have to recurve the doors to get
>that center dip out of there (it's about 1/4" in in the center, flush on top,
>and twisted on the bottom),

Hi, Kurt!

that sounds terrible and I don't think that this is normal. What I observed
was the contrary: the door sticking out about 1/4" where the fuselage
halves meet. I considered that a good thing because you need to fill this
area of the fuselage anyway. Are you sure your door is in the right place?
It takes very little shifting and sliding and turning to get things out of
whack. If I remember right, It took my son and me several hours to get it
right, but I never had to use a heat gun. Good luck!

Best
Simon
PS: the real problems with the doors start when you install the gas spring.
There are several solutions for that one out there including an alternative
gas spring installation. I solved it with stiffeners.

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland