Re: REFLECTOR: Oil temperature

At 03:18 PM 7/25/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi, Gilles!
>
>>Your observation that the oil pan is a great cooler is correct; nothing has
>done more to improve the cooling in my case than getting more air to the
>oil pan. However, I didn't do it with a plenum.  You need not only a way to
>get air TO the pan, it also needs a way out. For that I removed the glass
>stiffener at the end of the lower cowling and replaced it with 3 bid of
>flat carbon. Great improvement!

Simon
     At first I simply had an open end to the back of my plenum and it was
letting the warm air exit just inside the cowl ahead of the stiffener. I
also suspected that some pressure inside the cowl may have been restricting
that air flow from the plenum, so I extended the plenum back and downwards
much like a carp`s snout and cut a hole through the lower cowl at that
point. That doubled the cooling power of the plenum.
      I am studying the oil circulation in the engine further to be sure
that I get good lubrication as well as good flow to the cooler. Thanks for
the advice.
Cheers,
         Gilles