Re: REFLECTOR: Reticulated Foam/Fuel Tanks

Eung Tai Kim wrote:

> Do we fill the whole fuel tank by reticulated foam?
> May we get rid of the baffles (not the bulkhead) in the strake if we put the reticulated foam?

an-nyong-ha-shim-ni-kkaI have strongly considered this for a one piece molded strake that would be
much easier to install.  Since the ribs in the strake carry torsional loads from the main wings
the strake would have to be made with 3/4" thick foam instead of the present 3/8" if the
baffles(ribs) were removed.  The only rib required would be the inboard  bulkhead which could have
a big enough access panel to insert or remove large blocks of this very spongy foam.

Alan Shaw