Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity, Accident at Santa Monica, KSMO

>          We encountered some moderate turbulence just as we crossed the
>numbers
>on short final...

Ray:

thank you for sharing this with us. I know from my own experience how heart
wrenching these post-accident analyses are. Whether one has to take the
blame or not, it is a humbling experience and this makes your contribution
all the more commendable.

I have withheld my judgement on what may have gone wrong untill much more
is known. I am still withholding it. Mother nature may have put you in a
situation with no way out or you may have missed the way out - I don't
know. What I wholeheartedly agree with is Larry Terryll's very well worded
statement:

"The Velocity will only become a better aircraft
when EVERY incident is examined completely, without bias, and
careful, informed conclusions are drawn."

I sincerely hope that you will continue to help us towards this goal. For
the time being, I'm just glad we have you and your wife around to help.

The only conclusion so far: we have had three near total or total Velocity
accidents in the last 7 months with 6 people involved and nobody got even
scratched. Certainly, the Velocity has proven its value as a safe cocoon.

Best wishes to you and your wife
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland