Re: REFLECTOR: Engine install

Bill,

I am building a Std. Elite with a Franklin/IVO.  I discovered that with the
engine mount top holes 1" above the spar, the engine sits about 1" too high
in the cowl.  This required a bump in the upper cowl for the rear pilot side
spark plug and modifying the carb air box. You can't lower the engine
because the top engine mount bolt holes would be drilled into the spar.  The
factory didn't seem to know why things line up this way but they did think
the above described solution should work just fine.  I do hope they're
right.

Larry Coen
Std. Elite RG Franklin/IVO