RE: REFLECTOR: airspeed indicator markings

We at the factory have established the following airspeed limits on all our
airplanes.  White arc (actually speed brake speed) of 65 to 110 knots.
 Green arc of from 65 to 170 knots. ( the 170 knots would be the maximum
structural cruise speed) and the yellow arc from 170 knots to 200 knots.(
200 knots being the Vmc)  All speeds are indicated assuming proper
calibration has been done.  Although no markings are normally used for
maneuvering speed, this is 140 knots. (this is the speed where instant and
full deflection of the controls can be made safely) Many of our airspeed
indicators have the green arc stopping at 140 knots, however, this should
actually be 170)   It is important in an experimental airplane that the Vmc
and all flutter testing be done by the builder.  Many kit manufacturers
refuse to publish any airspeed limitations due to liability.  We, as kit
manufacturers, can never be sure YOUR airplane was built properly.   We
generally test our airplanes up to about 220 knots indicated as a 10%
buffer.
Sincerely,  Duane Swing