REFLECTOR: airspeed indicator markings

The question of the markings on the airspeed indicator is a good one.
Other than the speed brake limit of 110 knots on my fixed gear 173, I
know of no factory designated maximum speed, normal operating speed,
minimum speed, or maneuvering speed.  Now, some of these should probably
be determined by the builder during flight trials.  But as far as I
know, maneuvering speed (which isn't typically marked, and varies with
weight anyway), can only be calculated.

I put the white arc at 60 to 110 knots, representing the minimum speed
at which I ever stalled the canard, to the speed brake limit.  I put the
green arc up to 163  knots, simply because that was what Dan Maher said
was his best speed on the 173 fixed,  I put red at 200 knots because,
... I don't really know because.  I figured the FAA would want some type
of markings on the plane's airspeed indicator.

I would love to hear what other people have done here.

--
Bob Ginsberg, M.A., CSCS, CPT

Big Ape Gyms - Velocity 173