Re: REFLECTOR: Carbon fiber vs. E-glass

Simon Aegerter,

> For flexing structures, I think compressive and tensile forces are about
> equal. What am I missing?

Sometimes we just ignore all the academia, step back and try to look at what  is
really  happening.    It's a combination of subjective reasoning and objective
observation that sometimes leads to problem solving.
"90% of the problem" OBSERVED with composites is buckling then compression
failure.

Carbon is very stiff so it doesn't start to buckle.  This quality when applied
to a complex structure with varing loads on different axis is less likely to
compress anywhere.

Alan