Re: REFLECTOR: Carbon fiber vs. E-glass

>90% of all structural problems are compression so tensile strength has very
>little to do with it.

Not sure I understand, Alan. This statement is true if you are talking of a
vacuum container; in the case of a pressure container, it is all tensile.
For flexing structures, I think compressive and tensile forces are about
equal. What am I missing?

About Kevlar: I have a layer of Kevlar on the bottom of the hull. Boy, it's
a great feeling when you bump accross half an airport with only one leg
left to know that you are riding on a flack-jacket.

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland