REFLECTOR: RE:

Dear Bill:
   The nose access cover on our airplanes use a spring loaded latch that we
access through the nose gear hole on the XL RG and from inside the plane on
our SUV.   I ordered 20 of the latches just in case someone ask how did you
do that.  I think the price of the latch is just under $10.00.  I put an
aluminum lip on the front of the cover that slides under the front of the
opening and the latch is installed on the fuselage just behind the cover.
 I made a small right angle bellcrank out of aluminum and connected the
bellcrank direct to the spring latch on one end of the bellcrank and a
1/16" cable from the other end to wherever the release is going to be
placed.  The 1/16" cable is routed through nylaflow tubing that is glassed
to the inside skin of the fuselage.  A key ring (round thing) is placed on
the end of the cable for a finger pull.
   Let me know if this is what you have in mind.
   Sincerely, Duane Swing