Re: REFLECTOR: SVX & IVO Prop...rigging

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Shaw <wingco@iu.net>
To: reflector@awpi.com <reflector@awpi.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 6:19 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: SVX & IVO Prop...rigging

 I'm approx. 4.5" above the center line with my thrust line. Last time I talked to Dwane about this he suggested I try it like it is (1 degree forward) before making any changes. He also said that the reason they start with about 1 degree forward cant was because after the engine settles in after running for a while they sag sometimes  1 degree. In any case, when we do our high speed taxi tests we may get some indication of a problem if there is one. We'll keep a close eye out for a nose heavy tendency during our tests.

We haven't rushed anything yet with this plane and don't intend to now. My guess is that 4.5" offset is not enough to cause a problem, but I'm not going to bet my life on it. It flies when it's right and not before then! I certainly appreciate your comments and suggestions and will keep the group up to date on our progress especially now that we are getting closer and exciting things are happening.

Regards Lino