[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel level sensor

Title: Fuel level sensor
Mr. Kim;
I guess my posting wasn't very clear.  The 'head' of the unit mounts inside the fuselage with the probe entering the tank horizontally near the upper strake.  The bendable probe bends up just slightly to be very near the top, then down to near the bottom of the tank.
Al Gietzen
-----Original Message-----
From: Eung Tai Kim <eungkim@kari.re.kr>
To: reflector@awpi.com <reflector@awpi.com>; Al Gietzen <alventures@email.msn.com>
Date: Monday, June 07, 1999 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel level sensor

I have also used the probes from Skysport.
It was not easy to find a good place to install the probe in Velocity.
If the probe enters top of the tank as you did, the head of the probe must locate on the wing.
I thought it would look ugly and obstruct the air flow on the wing.
So I put the probe entering the side of the fuselage.
Since I worry about the fuel leakage, I bonded it by microglass.
I used bendable probes and bended it in two places such that it could measure the fuel at the top of the tank.
Woudl I be the only one who installed the capacity type probe inside the fuselage?
Eung T Kim
South Korea
173 FGE
-----Original Message-----
From: Al Gietzen <alventures@email.msn.com>
To: reflector@awpi.com <reflector@awpi.com>; Putney, Gordon A. <Gordon.A.Putney@snapon.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 3:03 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel level sensor

I got my sender unit from Skysport (810-735-9433).  $85 including mounting flange.  I got the 12" probe; unit mounts in fuselage, prob entering top of tank, then bending down (1" radius) angling outward to near the bottom.
Al Gietzen    RGE