REFLECTOR: RG hyd pressure adjustments

I was adjusting my RG hyd pressure using the loaner gauge sent to me by
Velocity. As I was adjusting the switches I found out that the pump
increases the pressure ALOT even with very small momentary engagements.

For example, I had the low pressure switch set to activate when the low
side pressure dropped to about 250-300 PSI. Just the momentary pulse of the
pump shoots the pressure up to about 900 lbs. The momentum in the
winding-down motor of the pump is enough to send this pressure to this value.

Have any others noticed this. Is it normal? Would an accumulator help?

Other than that I have been very pleased with it. No leaks!! I still need
small spacer adjustments on both actuators to make everythink just right.

Happy Memorial Day!!

Dave Brown