REFLECTOR: Felix prop

Lawrence Epstein wrote:
>Has anybody tried a Felix Prop yet?

I was pretty excited about his radical, new "bi-camber" prop that was
featured in Sport Aviation over a year ago.  I kept in close contact with
Felix.  He told me another Velocity was testing the bi-camber, but that it
was a bit disappointing, especially in cruise.  They were working on the
problem, and I haven't followed up.  Anyone know this Velocity driver so we
can ask for the latest?

I've finally placed my order for Craig Catto's prop.  (It's hard rock maple
covered with glass).  Jim Agnew has a Catto on his bird, and will be
testing soon - as in sometime this summer, we hope.

I talked with John Lindgren, Northwest Aero.  He's planning to test the Ivo
adjustable vs. the Catto, and expects the Catto to outrun the Ivo in cruise
by a significant margin.

Dennis Martin
Long Wing Fixed Gear
Chevy 4.5 V-6