Re: REFLECTOR: Wing weights

In a message dated 5/23/99 9:00:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
alventures@email.msn.com writes:

> I weighed my WingCo wings; with rudders and ailerons installed, no further
>  finishing:
>
>  Right wing - - 96 lbs.
>  Left wing - - - 95.5 lbs.
>
>  I'm curious how these weights compare, and I am a bit amazed that the two
>  are so close to the same.
>
>  Any comparable data?

Hi Al,

Without the control surfaces cut out, left 173 wing weighted 110lbs. in
primer and my girlfriends 9 year old daughter weighed 111lbs. also without
control surfaces cut-out (ie the seat of her pants!).

Where are you going to add 15lbs. of weight to make up for your overlight
wings ;<)

Dale Alexander
173 RG Gull-Wing