Re: REFLECTOR: NACA air scoop design

>I put my oil cooler in the wing root with flow from high pressure on the
>bottom of the wing to the negative pressure on the top - any comments?
>
>John Leder
>(N203SM to be)

John,

I still haven't flown my Elite FG, but this makes two of us using wing root
cooling systems.  I have two custom made, 18" Fluidyne racing radiators,
one in each wing root, to cool my Chevy 4.5 liter V-6.  I left both wing
surfaces flat.  I plan to test my system without any scoops to see if the
pressure differential is adequate to pull air through the system.

To my knowledge, Alan (Wingco) first experimented with this on a Velocity