RE: REFLECTOR: Electric Vacuum Pump

The problem with that vacuum system is that, as I understand it, it works
off the difference in pressure between the intake manifold and the ambient
air.  If you were to suffer an engine failure in IMC, you would loose both
the primary and backup vacuum sources, in which case you better be ready to
use the turn & bank as the backup.  I still believe that you can safely fly
an airplane in IMC with a vacuum failure and if you cannot then you are not
proficient enough to be in IMC in the first place.