RE: REFLECTOR: Panel

Just a thought,  consider replacing your GPS/com with the new Garmin
GPS/Nav/Com with a CDI.  That will give you in one box two navigational
modes and a com.  Your handhelds will provide you with current backup
for each of the modes and will leave you plenty of room for future
backups in your panel.  The down side is of course cost.  Take a deep
breath before you jump.  BTW the new Garmin has a moving map and is in
color to help pilot work load by making the data easier to digest.  I
wish this new box was available when I purchased my avionics (KX-155
w/GS, KI-209, KLX-135A, KT-76, KMA-24 and PM-2000).

Dennis Peterson
173 FG   N173V