Re: REFLECTOR: Oil pressure question

In a message dated 4/4/99 9:18:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, J42AL@aol.com
writes:

> On the return line I planed on installing a check valve in both return
lines
>  back to the engine to make sure their is no feed back to one or the other
>  cooler. Does that sound like a good approach?

John,

My experiences with checkvalves and control solenoids for aircraft indicate
that they are prone to long term failure. Provided you have covered all of
the contingencies with regards to inflight failure of each and every
component, both singularly and jointly, in the system and are comfortable
with your conclusions, your approach sounds OK to me. It should go without
saying though, the more things you have inline with your oil system, the more
things that can go wrong.

Such systems that are designed are sometime not thouroughly run "through the
ringer" and an inflight failure that was not antisipated can become a moment
(or more) of real panic.

It is important to check the proper operation of each component at minimum
every annual.

Martin