Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron control torque bearing (add on)

-----Original Message-----
From: lawrence epstein <ljepstein@hotmail.com>
To: reflector@awpi.com <reflector@awpi.com>; JLNOBLE@aol.com
<JLNOBLE@aol.com>
Date: Monday, March 29, 1999 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron control torque bearing (add on)

>>From: JLNOBLE@aol.com
>>To: reflector@awpi.com, J42AL@aol.com
>>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron control torque bearing (add on)
>>Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:15:14 EST
>>
>>It  seems only fair  that Velocity Aircraft should be making  the
>bearing
>>holder modifications that are required to fix the problems of the
>poorly
>>designed one sent with the kit.
>>
>>My problem is not the fix but having to take out the instrument panel
>>access the bearing holder.  With all the wiring, and connections this
>will
>>probally take 20 hours or more.   This is just another example of the
>hazards
>>and work  created by the poor design and cheap material supplied by
>Velocity
>>in their kits.
>>
>There is no doubt that having to tear down good work for a "fix" is
>frustrating.
>
>If you think the design is poor and the quality low, then you should
>junk or sell your aircraft.
>
>My experience with Velocity Aircraft is that, they have a really great
>product- an EXPERIMENTAL airplane which they have steadily improved
>since I first looked at it in 1991.
>
>Larry Epstein
>173 FGE

I am sorry you have such negative feelings toward Velocity. My partners and
I do not share your opinions. I respectfully suggest you divest your
interest in your Velocity and either be involved in a traditional plane or
go to an experimental better suited to your needs and requirements. An
experimental is just that. If you can not stand the heat, get out of the
kitchen.

Respectfully

Milton Mersky
173DT,