Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron control torque bearing (add on)

>From: JLNOBLE@aol.com
>To: reflector@awpi.com, J42AL@aol.com
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aileron control torque bearing (add on)
>Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:15:14 EST
>
>It  seems only fair  that Velocity Aircraft should be making  the
bearing
>holder modifications that are required to fix the problems of the
poorly
>designed one sent with the kit.
>
>My problem is not the fix but having to take out the instrument panel
>access the bearing holder.  With all the wiring, and connections this
will
>probally take 20 hours or more.   This is just another example of the
hazards
>and work  created by the poor design and cheap material supplied by
Velocity
>in their kits.

There is no doubt that having to tear down good work for a "fix" is
frustrating.

If you think the design is poor and the quality low, then you should
junk or sell your aircraft.

My experience with Velocity Aircraft is that, they have a really great
product- an EXPERIMENTAL airplane which they have steadily improved
since I first looked at it in 1991.

Larry Epstein
173 FGE