REFLECTOR: Franklin Carburetor

Today I tried to hang my Franklin engine on the factory engine mount. The
mixture control lever on the carburetor would not clear the firewall. As
should be clear from the previous statement, the carburetor came from the
PZL factory with the mixture control lever pointing away from the engine
and toward the firewall.

Can the carburetor be turned to eliminate this interference? The
carburetor seems to be attached to the intake manifold with a square
array of bolts and so it looks as through it could be oriented in any one
of four directions. Is there a correct way?

Don Royer 173RGE