Re: REFLECTOR: keeping warm

 Voss, Jim S. wrote:

 > Hi.  I'm Jim Voss, a new member of the Velocity reflector group.  I built a
 > Long Ez and am a partner with Merri Sanchez building a Velocity in Houston.
 > We are working on the fuselage now and have read with interest all the
 > discussions on oil coolers and heating.  I have an electric heater (500
watt
 > "Back Seat Heat" model) in my Long Ez just in front of my feet.  It doesn't
 > do a great job but it provides just enough heat to keep my feet from
getting
 > cold.  I still have to use a blanket over my legs if it is below freezing.
 > Upper body isn't a problem unless it is really cold.  I think the best
 > answer is still sealing the front end, but no one seems to have the
complete
 > solution there.
 >         Has anyone thought about the increased load on the engine oil pump
 > due to the long lines going to the front of the airplane?  That is my only
 > concern with the front installation.  I would hate to lessen the
lubrication
 > to the engine just to help keep my feet warm.
 >         The car seat warmers sound like a great idea.  Here in the heat of
 > Houston I have considered a similar thing, but for cooling.  At NASA when
we
 > work in a space suit in a lab where we don't have normal suit cooling we
use
 > long underwear with tubes sewn into it which are  hooked to a small igloo
 > ice chest with icy water in it.  A battery powered  pump circulates the
cold
 > water.  I think the same thing using a seat pad with tubes in it would work
 > well.
 >         I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone.
 > Jim

Is it irritating to anyone else having to read through all the attached
replies to find the new reply at the very bottom?  I it was mentioned a year
or more ago to limit the copying when replying.  A small cut&paste should do
if refreshing the topic is necessary.

Sorry for the somewhat negative post, on a positive topic.

Thanks
TEC