RE: REFLECTOR: Windows

The longer you leave the duct tape on the harder it seems to remove the
adhesive.  When I left it on for two months it left a lot of gunk.  When I
leave it on for two weeks there is little residue.  I've been using
long-life (blue) masking tape for most situations where epoxy is not
involved.  Also, when possible I have covered the windows with masking paper
and taped it to the fiberglass.

The one time I didn't have the side window protected I accidently brushed a
blanket against it while insulating the fuselage.  The blanket had
previously touched some epoxy ... needless to say, the epoxy found the
plexi.  I'll need to rub it out before first flight.  Moral of the story,
never leave your windows unprotected while building.

Bill Schweitzer
std RGE
San Jose, Ca