RE: REFLECTOR: Engine Controls

Dear Carl:
   We don't use vernier controls on the throttle for a very good reason.
 Instant response to the needs of throttle are limited in many ways using
the vernier.  There is just no good reason to use a vernier for the
throttle.  The use of a vernier would also not be possible if you elected
to put another throttle control on the co-pilots side which many of our
builders do.  After over 8000 hours in general aviation airplanes, I can
speak from experience, it just isn't a good idea.
   I can agree with you, however, regarding the mixture control.  I
replaced the button lock mixture in the XL with the more precise vernier.
 I will look again at the cost difference and see what can be done.
   Nav-Aid hasn't a clue as to how their autopilot is installed in a
Velocity.  It isn't difficult at all.  Just call me when your ready and I
walk you through it.
   Sincerely, Duane Swing