REFLECTOR: wing leveler &solid state ignition

I highly recommend both Navaid Devices AP-1 Autopilot  and Electroair
Ignition system sold by Jeff Rose.( These two companies usually share the
same booth at Fly-Ins and are both based in Chattanooga,TN)
I have been flying with the same Navaid AP-1 since 1991 and returned only
once to factory for repair (which cost $35). The Navaid has a wing level
mode plus will track a GPS, VOR or Loran signal. Last price I have is
$1300, which is about 1/2 an S-TEC. Their number is (423)267-3311 or
756-6154FAX
I have installed Jeff Rose's system on my original Velocity and now on my
X/L and they have performed flawlessly. His unit is installed in place of
the left magneto so the right mag is my backup system. I believe his system
for a 6-cyl Lycoming is less than $1000. (Burt Rutan has 4 of Jeff's
systems powering the 2 engines on his Boomerang,)His number is
(423)622-8845.
Both companies sell direct, and you can mention my name if you call. They
are both very friendly,and great people to work with.
Don White       PS   I use the Navaid in Wing Level or Track Mode about 90%
of the time I am flying. Turns made with the "Turn" knob are much easier
than using the stick.

gp