REFLECTOR: Fairings

C-GDOU   173 FG Elite
      I am ready to silicone the small round fairings over the 2 1/2 in.
access holes on the lower strake at the outboard attach point.  What is the
correct position for maximum cabin venting? Should the fairing be
completely ahead of the hole or partially cover it to generate negative
pressure in the hole itself. I understand that I must leave enough room to
access the bolts, after all this is one of the reasons the hole is there in
the first place.
Cheers,
          Gilles Gratton                    See the happy moron
                                            He doesn`t give a damn
                                            I wish I were a moron
                                            My God, perhaps I am.
                                                             "unknown author"