REFLECTOR: safety Tips, Fuel Vent & Nose Wheel

We and the factory have installed a check valve inside fuselage near
highest point in fuel vent line that goes from manifold to bottom of
fuselage. Reason: In case line to outside fuselage becomes plugged, air for
vent system can be sucked from inside fuselage. Our line is hose , so we
simply cut line, added a plastic "T" in line and attached check valve to
3rd leg of "T". Check valve is tiny plastic one found in any auto store for
auto polution systems. Suggest checking your vent line and check valve
occasionally for free flow and that check valve operates properly. I have
already found considerable debris in vent line outlet which may have been
insects.

Nose wheel - axle is retained in positon by a short allen screw. Suggest
add a second 1/4 " long allen screw on top of original to be positive
original will never come loose. Don't forget you have TWO screws whenever
you need to remove axle. An axle coming out during a flight could ruin your
day. Danny suggested this to me many years ago and thought it was a good
idea.

Don White N19DW XL/RG