RE: REFLECTOR: Fuel tank venting

Fuel Venting Problem
  I totally agree with Jim Agnew on this one.  Since it was not a
persistent problem, I would suggest a fuel cap not seating properly and
allowing a slight vacuum on one side stopping any fuel flow from that side.
 The single common vent system on the Elite almost always points to a fuel
cap if uneven fuel flow is observed.  I have personally seen a 1/2 full
tank actually increase to 3/4 while the other one depleted far faster than
the engine could use it.  The best thing to do is always monitor your fuel
system and land before fuel starvation ruins your day.  If the problem does
not go away, start checking fuel cap seals first.
   Sincerely,  Duane Swing