Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel system safety

Larry Kline wrote:

> The FAA sometimes won't give you the paperwork to get off the ground unless you
> have a fuel shut off.

Dan Maher had very sound safety reasons for building Velocities with no fuel shut
off valve and only visual gauges.  Shut off valves and remote gauges have and will
continue to hurt pilots.

As the complexity of our aircraft increase, the probability of Murfy's law
increases to the square of the parts count.

I REFUSE to let bureaucrats, insurance companies and lawyers (non-pilot ones) tell
us how to design and operate our airplanes.  That's just how we got the present
fleet of dangerous GA aircraft.

Alan