Re: REFLECTOR: Teflon Tape

In a message dated 2/14/99 7:35:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jack_marilou@reedergraphics.com writes:

> I'm attaching the plumbing for my RG hydraulic system and the brake
>  system (stock Toyota master cylinders).
>
>  Should I or should I NOT use Teflon tape on the thread of each of these?

Teflon paste sealer is a good plan. It will not leave strings of material that
may foul passages. I have also used epoxy glue such as JB Weld for fittings
that do not have to be removed for service. An example of this would be the
fittings that go into the caliper that a swivel fitting is attached to. The
swivel has its own method of sealing and does not require sealant.

Dale Alexander
173 RG Gull-Wing