Re: REFLECTOR: coaxial cable

Jim,

> If this coax is to be used for the transponder then you are limited to about 7
> feet for RG58.  You can go to 17' with RG-142 which is exactly the same size as
> RG58 but a lot more expensive.

Yes. There's always a trade-off. All coax has higher loss at higher
frequencies, so the frequencies being used must be taken into account to
determine loss. Ron was concerned with Com frequencies, which are VHF.

Oh, one other thing I forgot to include earlier. Ron asked if RG59 would work.
Yes, it would "work," but because of the impedance mismatch it would not work
as well.

Dave Black