Re: REFLECTOR: oil temp

>Ground operations are my greatest concern with the plenum cooling system. As
>best I can tell, the engine is pretty much prevented from cooling at all. May
>not be  a problem at a small strip. But what happens when you're #17 to take
>off at LAX?

Dave:

(BTW: have you seen the Mac commercial, Dave <g>?). You know I was hoping
that the massive roots of the prop blades on my MT would get some air
through even when standing and idling, but it doesn't seem to be enough.
Even with updraft cooling you need some means to get the hot air out of the
engine compartment. This seems to be a birth defect of our pushers. Problem
is, you can blow out a candle, but you cannot suck out a candle.

Best
Simon

Simon Aegerter, Winterthur, Switzerland