REFLECTOR: oil temp

I have just removed my Franklin engine from my velocity to have a new camshaft
and the original high compression installed. So I thought now would be a good
time to replace the 1/2 inch oil lines. However, I  wonder why because the
entrance and exit holes from the by-pass valve have the same inside diameter.
To someone that does not know very much about fluid dynamics under pressure it
seem you can only move as much as will go thru the smallest openings, the ones
in and out of the by-pass valve.

Is the extra cooling provided buy the larger cooling surface of the 5/8 inch
tubing?  Can someone out there explain this?

I have ram air going into the front of the ducts from tubes on the cabin NACA
duct with faired exits just before the firewall to cool the 1/2 lines to and
from the front oil cooler.   It would seem to me that if I have enough
pressure to push the oil though the 1/2 line it should keep it with in the
allowed temp range.

Jim Agnew said something about modify the air exit from the front oil cooler
to counter it being in a high pressure area any idea of what that would look
like?

Bob Noble N826VR STRG